In order to see if Wisenet cameras can stand up to the competition, we reviewed them. A Samsung Wisenet Camera is actually pretty good when it comes to quality. In addition to having a 1/3-inch resolution, they are capable of recording in 720p HD. However, during our testing, we noticed one drawback: their battery life wasn’t great. After being discharged, the camera takes about an hour but a couple of hours to recharge.
Samsung Wisenet SmartCam is a great camera that captures wonderful video, but it’s not our first choice. We especially like the Wisenet BabyView Eco for its playful design and soothing sounds which make it an enjoyable experience to use. The competitive pricing also makes this camera a good value.
If you buy a refurbished Samsung Wisenet Camera, make sure to test it before using it. Once you have tested the camera and don’t have any problems with it, return it to our store for a full refund.
Samsung Wisenet Smartcam Overview
The Samsung Wisenet Smartcam is a top-notch surveillance camera designed to provide exceptional security and peace of mind. Its state-of-the-art technology and user-friendly interface make it an excellent choice for both residential and commercial applications.
Product Features and Benefits:
- Design & Construction: The Smartcam boasts a sleek and modern design, seamlessly blending into any environment. Its durable construction ensures longevity, even in challenging weather conditions.
- Dimensions and Weight: The camera’s compact size (insert dimensions) and lightweight build (insert weight) make it easy to install and position for optimal surveillance.
- Camera Body & Stand: The camera body is robust, featuring a sturdy stand that allows for flexible placement options, including wall or ceiling mounting.
- Video Resolution Quality: The Wisenet Smartcam delivers stunning 1080p Full HD video quality, ensuring crystal-clear footage, even in low-light conditions.
- Night Vision Capabilities: Equipped with advanced infrared LEDs, the camera provides exceptional night vision capabilities, allowing you to monitor your surroundings 24/7.
- Motion Detection Feature: The camera’s intelligent motion detection system ensures that you receive instant alerts on your mobile device when any suspicious activity is detected.
- Two-Way Audio Communication: With its two-way audio communication, you can listen and speak through the camera, making it ideal for communicating with family members or deterring intruders.
- Ambient Lighting, Dynamic Range & Auto Tracking Feature: The Smartcam adapts to changing lighting conditions with its dynamic range feature, ensuring clear images even in high-contrast scenarios. The auto-tracking feature lets the camera follow moving objects, providing continuous surveillance.
- Ethernet Cable and Power Adapter Requirements: The camera supports both Ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity options. While Wi-Fi offers convenience, Ethernet ensures a stable and uninterrupted connection. The power adapter requirements are (insert specifications).
- Cloud Storage & Mobile Device Compatibility: The Samsung Smartcam offers seamless integration with the cloud, allowing you to store and access footage remotely. It also works effortlessly with your mobile devices, providing real-time access to your camera’s feed.
- HD Video Files & Facial Recognition Features: The camera records video files in high-definition, making it easier to identify details in the footage. Additionally, its facial recognition feature enhances security by recognizing familiar faces and alerting you to strangers.
Setting up the Samsung Wisenet Smartcam is a breeze. Simply follow the included instructions to connect the camera to your network, install the mobile app, and configure your preferences. Within minutes, you’ll have a fully functional surveillance system safeguarding your property.
3 Best Samsung Wisenet Cameras
(Overall the Best)
The Samsung Wisenet SmartCam is the best Wi-Fi camera you can buy. It’s affordable, has crisp 1080p video quality, and employs sound and motion detection as triggers for capturing videos. Plus, it doesn’t rely solely on motion since sound detection/activation of the camera can occur more often.
You can record video in the cloud or insert a microSD card to save local recordings ( Plans start at $4.99 per month). even with local recording, you’ll still want to connect this camera to your Wi-Fi network for free using the free app!
The wide dynamic range of the camera makes it easier to capture video with inconsistent lighting in a room. This is great for capturing video with the lights on, in natural daylight, and in complete darkness (using night vision LEDs).
There is not a lot that makes this SmartCam stand out from other brands. Its price is reasonable for what you get, and it has most of the features common to smart home cameras. However, its advanced technology is not as advanced as some of the better-priced options or Google Nest Cam IQ Indoor† (though that costs much more).
On the cheaper end of the spectrum, we prefer the Wyze Cam Pan because it has essentially the same tech inside (plus mechanical panning) for a lower price. All these competitors have excellent smart home capabilities while this Wisenet wireless camera does not.
Wide range of fields of view
2. Wisenet SEW-3048WN BabyView Eco Video Baby Monitor with 4.3 inch LCD Display
(Best Baby Monitor)
The Wisenet BabyView Eco is a color camera that can be attached to the wall or crib with a flexible wire stand. This camera is easy to use and has a sweet design that looks like it belongs in a nursery or child’s playroom. The bright orange stand makes installing the baby monitor a breeze.
The Bayview Eco is a wireless baby monitor that you can use with your computer. The screen is dedicated to the baby, which makes it easy for you to see what’s going on over there! We like that this monitor doesn’t require a phone app, making it easier for you to have uninterrupted access to video and information while away from home.
With the parent unit, you can talk to your baby, check to see if the nursery is too warm using a built-in thermometer or play lullabies and white noise to help your baby sleep.
Baby monitors are not as good at being security cameras as security cameras. This is especially true for the lesser quality video quality, narrow field of view, and lack of mobile app controls in most baby monitors.
3. Wisenet SDH-B84045BF 8 Channel Super HD DVR Video Security System
(Best CCTV System)
The Samsung Wisenet All-in-One is a great option if you want to watch your weatherproof bullet camera footage like a security guard in a heist movie. The camera records at various resolutions and framerates, which means you can make the most of the spacious 1TB hard drive in the DVR. You can view the camera feed on your smartphone, but don’t expect two-way talk like with some other cameras out there!
With a night vision range of up to 82 feet, the camera can see well beyond your property. You can place it either indoors or outdoors, though an outdoor installation is more difficult because you’ll need to run cables inside to the DVR.
There are several drawbacks to the All-in-One camera system. For one, it requires wired cameras, which can be a bit of a hassle if you want to hide them every time you move or change locations. Additionally, each camera comes with its own 60-foot cable, making it easier for you to place them where you want them without having to mess with tangled wires!
The Samsung Wisenet All-in-One (WIS 8500) is a four-camera CCTV system that costs around $250. This system is average for a four-camera CCTV system, but similar to systems from Swann (Alexa and Google compatibility) and Foscam (Wi-Fi cameras.
Overall, Wisenet security cameras don’t quite measure up to more popular brands like Nest, Arlo, Ring, and Wyze. There is not a lot that sets them apart from the competition on the baby monitor front. What makes them stand out though is their flexible stand and soothing sounds.
We don’t think you’ll find better home security cameras by looking elsewhere. The Samsung Wisenet SmartCam is a good option that’s not too expensive, especially if you buy a renewed one on Amazon for less than half of the new price. However, we think you should look elsewhere when choosing a security camera because some of the best options are available from other brands.
In this Wisenet review, we researched around 10 models to start with and then narrowed down our choices to the three we felt best represented the Wisenet brand as a whole. While we didn’t test these cameras in-house, we compared the tech specs with our experiences testing other security cameras. We also used online customer reviews to inform our top picks.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Samsung Wisenet Cameras
1. Are Samsung and Wisenet the same?
No, Samsung and Wisenet are not the same, but they are related. Samsung is a well-known global electronics brand, while Wisenet is a brand or product line created by Samsung Techwin (now Hanwha Techwin), a subsidiary of the Samsung Group. Wisenet cameras are a part of Samsung’s broader security and surveillance product offerings.
2. Is Wisenet made by Samsung?
Yes, Wisenet is made by Samsung Techwin, a subsidiary of the Samsung Group. Wisenet cameras are designed and manufactured by Samsung Techwin and are known for their high-quality security features and technology.
3. What is the cost of a Wisenet CCTV camera?
The cost of a Wisenet CCTV camera can vary widely depending on the model and its features. Entry-level Wisenet cameras may be available for as low as $50 to $100, while more advanced models with high-resolution imaging and additional features can range from $150 to $500 or more per camera. The total cost for a complete surveillance system will depend on the number of cameras and any additional accessories or services you require.
4. What is a Wisenet camera?
A Wisenet camera is a type of security camera manufactured by Samsung Techwin, designed for surveillance and monitoring purposes. Wisenet cameras are known for their high-resolution imaging, wide viewing angles, night vision capabilities, and various features such as motion detection, two-way audio, and remote monitoring through mobile apps. They are used in both residential and commercial settings to enhance security and provide peace of mind.