Smart locks have become increasingly popular in recent years, and for good reason. They provide an added layer of security and convenience to our homes. With the rise of smart home technology, it’s no surprise that smart locks have become a must-have for many homeowners. In this article, we will be discussing the best smart locks for storm doors.
When it comes to smart locks for storm doors, there are a few things you should consider before making a purchase. First and foremost, you want to make sure that the lock is compatible with your storm door. Not all smart locks are designed to work with storm doors, so it’s essential to check before making a purchase. Additionally, you’ll want to consider the type of smart lock that best fits your needs. Some smart locks require a Wi-Fi connection, while others use Bluetooth or Z-Wave.
Another critical factor to consider is the level of security the lock provides. Ideally, you want a lock that is tamper-proof and has a backup power source in case of a power outage. Finally, you’ll want to consider the ease of installation and use. Smart locks that are easy to install and use are ideal for homeowners who are not tech-savvy.
After researching and testing various smart locks for storm doors, we have identified the top five locks that provide the best security, convenience, and ease of use.
Related: Smart Locks for Screen Doors
5 Best Smart Locks for Storm Doors: Secure Your Home with Ease
We have researched and compiled a list of the 5 best smart locks for storm doors. These locks provide an added layer of security and convenience to your home. With the ability to remotely lock and unlock your door, keep track of who enters your home, and receive alerts when someone tries to tamper with your lock, a smart lock is a worthwhile investment. Our list includes locks with various features and price points, so you can find the perfect fit for your needs.
1. SMONET Smart Deadbolt
We highly recommend the SMONET Smart Deadbolt for anyone looking for a reliable and secure smart lock for their storm door.
- The fingerprint recognition feature is lightning-fast and unlocks the door in just 1 second, making it super convenient to use.
- You can choose from 7 different ways to unlock the door, including through the app, keypad, voice control, and more. Plus, you can remotely control the lock from anywhere with the Smonet Wi-Fi gateway.
- The app allows you to easily manage user access and generate timed, permanent, one-time, or customized passcodes for guests, friends, housekeepers, or employees.
- The lock does not use wifi, only Bluetooth, so you will need to purchase the Smonet wifi gateway separately if you want to use it remotely outside your home.
- Some users have reported issues with the keypad and fingerprint reader malfunctioning after a few months of use.
- The customer service experience is hit or miss, with some users reporting excellent service and others reporting unhelpful representatives.
We found the SMONET Smart Deadbolt to be extremely easy to install and use. The touchscreen display is intuitive and the alloy body feels sturdy and secure. The battery life is also impressive, providing up to 10,000 openings (approximately 12 months) on just 4 AA batteries.
2. Yale Assure Lock for Andersen® Patio Doors
If you’re looking for a smart lock for your Andersen patio or entry doors, the Yale Assure Lock may be a good option for you. Here are the pros and cons we found based on our experience with the product:
- One Touch Locking – Lock up without the hassle of keys by simply tapping the keypad
- Key Free – No cylinder means no lost keys and no pick and bump break-ins
- Battery Back-Up – Never lose power, this lock can be energized with a 9V battery
- Advanced DIY Installation – Contact a local professional for questions with lock installation
- Limited Configuration – You can’t change the configuration unless you are physically in Bluetooth or wifi range
- Multi-Point Locking Feature – Some users have reported issues with the multi-point locking feature
The Yale Assure Lock has a sleek, modern design available in a variety of finishes, so it looks great on any door. The one touch locking feature is convenient and easy to use, and the key-free design means you don’t have to worry about lost keys or break-ins. The battery back-up ensures that you’ll never be locked out due to dead batteries.
However, the installation process can be a bit tricky, so it’s recommended to contact a local professional if you have any questions. Additionally, some users have reported issues with the multi-point locking feature, and the configuration can only be changed when you’re within Bluetooth or Wi-Fi range.
3. Wright Products Serenade Mortise Keyed Lever Mount Latch with Deadbolt for Screen and Storm Doors
If you’re looking for a reliable and stylish smart lock for your storm door, the Wright Products Serenade Mortise Keyed Lever Mount Latch with Deadbolt is a great option. With its quality and durable construction, this lock ensures reliable everyday use on your storm or screen door. The product also comes with all installation hardware included, making it easy to install.
- The door handle is non-handed for left or right-handed doors, making it easy to install on any door.
- The built-in keyed deadbolt lock mechanism provides extra security and comes with 2 keys.
- The matching interior and exterior finishes eliminate the need to match paint colors, giving it a clean and subtle look.
- The mounting hole with 1.75” spacing might not fit all doors, so make sure to measure before purchasing.
- Some customers reported that the latch sometimes sticks inside the door, but it can be easily fixed by pulling it out.
- The product might not fit all storm or screen doors, so make sure to check the specifications before purchasing.
We recently installed the Wright Products Serenade Mortise Keyed Lever Mount Latch with Deadbolt on our storm door, and we’re impressed with its quality and durability. The lock is easy to install and fits perfectly on our door. The built-in keyed deadbolt lock mechanism provides extra security and gives us peace of mind. The matching interior and exterior finishes also give our door a clean and subtle look.
One thing to note is that the mounting hole with 1.75” spacing might not fit all doors, so make sure to measure before purchasing. Some customers also reported that the latch sometimes sticks inside the door, but we haven’t experienced this issue. Overall, we highly recommend the Wright Products Serenade Mortise Keyed Lever Mount Latch with Deadbolt for anyone looking for a reliable and stylish smart lock for their storm door.
If you want a reliable and easy-to-use smart lock for your storm door, the OLUMAT Smart Door Lock is a great choice.
- The lock offers multiple ways to unlock your door, including fingerprint, passcode, fobs, app, or physical keys, making it convenient and easy to use.
- The built-in fingerprint sensor is quick and secure, allowing you to unlock your door in just one second.
- The lock is easy to install without any extra drilling, and the reversible handles make it suitable for both left- and right-handed doors.
- Due to its size, the lock may interfere with some storm doors.
- The lock requires batteries, which are not included.
- The Olumat WiFi Gateway is an optional add-on that allows for remote control, but it is sold separately.
In our experience, the OLUMAT Smart Door Lock is a reliable and convenient smart lock that offers multiple ways to unlock your door. The fingerprint sensor is quick and secure, making it faster than fumbling for your keys. The lock is also easy to install without any extra drilling, and the reversible handles make it suitable for both left- and right-handed doors.
However, due to its size, the lock may interfere with some storm doors. Additionally, the lock requires batteries, which are not included, and the Olumat WiFi Gateway is an optional add-on that allows for remote control, but it is sold separately.
5. Aibocn Door Lock Fingerprint
We highly recommend the Aibocn Door Lock Fingerprint for anyone looking for a reliable and secure smart lock for their storm door.
- The Aibocn Door Lock Fingerprint offers multiple ways to unlock the door, including fingerprint, passcode, and mechanical key, making it very convenient for different users.
- The lock is easy to install and operate, with clear instructions and a user-friendly app that allows you to manage access and monitor lock/unlock records.
- The lock is made of durable zinc alloy material and has multiple protection mechanisms, including automatic locking, virtual code, and low battery warning, ensuring your home security.
- The lock may not be suitable for extreme weather conditions, as it is only rated IP65 and has a limited operating temperature range.
- The lock requires four AAA alkaline batteries (not included), which may need to be replaced frequently depending on usage.
- The lock may have some compatibility issues with certain mobile devices or gateways, which may affect remote unlocking or notifications.
Overall, the Aibocn Door Lock Fingerprint is a great choice for anyone who wants a smart lock that offers keyless entry, remote control, and enhanced security features. It’s perfect for storm doors, front doors, bedrooms, hotels, and more. Get yours today and enjoy the convenience and peace of mind!
When looking for a smart lock for your storm door, there are a few key features to consider. Here are some things to keep in mind:
Make sure the smart lock you choose is compatible with your storm door. Some locks may only work with specific types of doors or require certain dimensions to fit properly. Check the manufacturer’s specifications before making a purchase.
One of the main benefits of a smart lock is added security. Look for locks that offer strong encryption and authentication protocols to prevent unauthorized access. Additionally, consider locks with tamper-resistant features such as reinforced steel construction or alarm systems.
Smart locks should make your life easier, not more complicated. Look for locks with features such as remote access, voice control, or automatic locking and unlocking. Consider locks that integrate with your existing smart home system for added convenience.
Smart locks require power to function, so consider how the lock will be powered. Some locks require batteries, while others may have a wired power source. Make sure the lock’s power source is convenient and reliable.
Smart locks can vary greatly in price, so consider your budget when choosing a lock. Keep in mind that higher-priced locks may offer more features or better security, but may not always be necessary for your needs.
By considering these key features, you can choose a smart lock for your storm door that meets your needs and provides added security and convenience to your home.