If you are looking for smart locks for screen doors and storm doors, you are in the best place because we discuss here the best screen and storm door locks. Smart storm door locks can fight all weather conditions heatproof, waterproof, scratch-proof anti-theft proof, and anti-drillproof.
In short, I tested here best screen door locks because a wrong decision paid us the loss of property. It would be a definitive decision to move your emphasis on your home’s front entryway, all things considered, as this is the area that needs the most security.
Last update on 2023-03-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Screen and storm doors are normally, for the most part, around 1 Inch thick for a standard keyless lock to be introduced on them.
How to Open a Locked Storm Door from the Outside?
- The first thing you need to do is find out if the door is locked inside or outside. If the door is locked from the inside, it means that someone has closed the door. This could have happened if someone locked it. Take a look at the bottom part of the door to find a locking mechanism.
- The keyless storm door lock has a handle on its left side. It can be found on the top of the door if you push on certain areas. If you slide back the screens you can reach inside. Move the screen from the front of the door if there is no screen here. If there isn’t a screen, you should look for a thin tool or equipment to help you open the door.
- This can be hard, but with a few attempts, you will find it. Pull the door handle gently and look for a metallic part near the handle area. This may have a ruler-like feeling. You should look for a lock above the handle. Push on the lock and try to move it upward or downwards. This should help you get it. Push and turn the lock clockwise if this doesn’t work. Try to do it with other locks nearby. At some point, the main mechanism will be unlocked.
- You should make sure that you look for locks with a double cylinder to unlock doors.
- There are 24 keys on the key ring, and they each have two lines.
- This indicates the number of keys required to open the storm door. Try to understand how you can open the lock in different ways.
- It’s wise to avoid any type of rush or haste when it comes to opening the door because you’ll need to make sure that you don’t jam anything into the mechanism. The last thing we want you to do is using too much force when trying to open the door and damage the mechanism. Our last tip is to always try to keep the door lock key handy, just in case you find yourself in an emergency situation.
10 Best Screen and Storm Door Locks
We have selected the 6 best Screen and storm door locks for you. Please choose from it according to your likeness and budget. These locks are the best selection from the Avasmarthome team.
1. CUEA Remote Control Smart Door Lock (Overall The Best Smart Screen Doors)
Check the Price on Amazon Smart Locks for Screen
The CUEA Smart lock is made of stainless steel, and the key is plastic. The CUEA Remote Control has a fingerprint sensor, and the key has a mechanical key.
Smart locks for screen doors can be opened by swiping a card or entering a password. It can also be opened by pressing the button on the key.
The CUEA Remote Control is waterproof Smart Storm Door Lock and can withstand high temperatures. It can also be used in high-humidity environments.
The CUEA Remote Control was awarded “Best Smart Lock” at CES 2018 in Las Vegas, United States.
The good things are:
The CUEA Remote Control is a storm door electronic lock, which can be used as a door lock, window lock, cabinet lock, and safe. The lock has a built-in fingerprint sensor. It can be used as a door lock or window lock. The fingerprint sensor is compatible with Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP and Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
The fingerprint sensor can also unlock the device when it is connected to the computer via a USB cable. The touch screen has been designed to be waterproof and wear-resistant to be used in wet conditions without damage. The touch screen is also scratch-resistant and anti‑glare so that it will not easily get dirty or scratched by fingerprints.
The CUEA Remote Control has an alarm function that will alert you if the battery level gets low or if the wrong password is entered too many times in succession. It also has an aging, password function that will automatically change your password.
2. Yale Assure Lock
With Yale’s storm door electronic lock latest innovation in locking technology, you will never have to worry about losing your keys again. Yale’s One Touch Locking technology allows you to lock or unlock your door from anywhere in the world. The technology works by using a unique code that is programmed into the lock.
The storm door electronic lock has a small keypad that is used to enter the code. If you forget your code, simply tap the keypad to enter your code. This technology is also known as “Code Free” or “Keyless” (Keyless Storm Door Lock). The lock can be installed without the use of tools. All you need to do is contact a local professional to install the lock.
The good things are:
- One Touch Locking system
- Keyless storm door lock
- Good Battery Back-Up
- Sleek, modern design available
- Advanced DIY Installation
3. Ideal Security Door Handle with Keyed Deadbolt for Storm and Screen Doors
Ideal security Screen Door Lock with Key deadbolt offers a variety of door handles and lock sets for your home, including screen doors.
The Ideal Security features a keyed deadbolt, which means they require a key to turn on.
Check the Price on Amazon smart locks for screen doors
Ideal Security features a screw hole center size of 1-3/4 inches and is secured by surface mount installation.
The good things are:
- Elegant and easy-to-operate handle
- DX storm door pull handle with backplate
- Night latch which allows the storm door to be locked from the inside
- Handle will replace all storm and screen door handles
- Fit of storm doors or screen doors 1 into 2-1/8 in thick
4. TechLock Smart Fingerprint Lock (Best Storm Door Electronic Lock)
TechLock Smart Fingerprint keyless storm door lock Biometric Security Access, Deadbolt Mortise Lock with keypad, Bluetooth is a smart home technology that lets you unlock your doors, windows, and garage with just a fingerprint.
TechLock is designed to fit most storm doors, so it is easy to install. It has four AA batteries, which are included in the package, and a low battery indicator to remind you when the batteries need to be replaced. If you don’t want to use your fingerprints, the Keyless Storm Door Lock comes with a backlit touchpad that allows you to enter a code to unlock the door. It also has a mechanical emergency.
The good things are:
- 5-in-1 Access Point
- Smart Keyless Storm Door Lock
- Heavy-Duty Deadbolt Protection
Essential Home Safety and Security The Techlock Smart Fingerprint Door Lock is a convenient and secure way to control access to the storm door. It gives a quick and easy way to enter your home or office, without the need for keys or codes.
5. FILFEEL Smart Door Lock with Handle Touch Screen Keypad Deadbolt
The FILFEEL Smart Fingerprint Door Lock with Handle Touch Screen Keypad Deadbolt Password Code Lever Lock Waterproof Anti‑Theft Door Lock with Key, Card for Apartment, Villa School Office is a smart door lock for screen doors that have a deadbolt, a handle, and a touch screen keypad. This is an extremely convenient way to open your door from the inside since you can use your finger or your face to unlock it.
Smart Fingerprint Door Lock Features
The mechanical key, IC magnetic card, and fingerprints are included. The security level of door locks should be changed. A new generation of touch fingerprints is safer and more accurate than before. 100 fingerprints and 50 codes, password length is 8 to 16 digits.
The good things are:
- High-quality alloy material, which is corrosion-resistant, waterproof, and high-temperature resistant
- Fingerprints, password, IC magnetic card, and mechanical key
- Used in All Kinds of Doors
- Modern and Stylish Appearance
6. LARSON Certified Storm Door Lock (Best Storm Door Electronic Lock)
The Larson Certified Storm Door Revere Mortise Set (Aged Bronze) is a stylish and convenient door lock for your screen doors. It requires a factory-bored 5/8-in by 5-3/4-in mortised hole on the edge of the door.
With its stylish design, this lock will enhance the look of your door. It will add convenience with an easily operated lever that can rotate to view inside or outside the screen door. This lock features a keyed deadbolt for added.
The good things are:
- Requires a factory-bored 5/8-in by 5-3/4-in mortised hole on edge of the door
- Stylish design that will enhance the look of your storm door
- Matching inside and outside levers
- Built-in keyed deadbolt for added security
7. ROOK Keyless Entry Smart Door Lock
Best Smart lock for screen door: Enjoy effortless access with the ROOK Keyless Entry Door Lock. This door lock comes with a keypad and fingerprint ID, so you can ensure that no one but you can get into your home.
You have access to the ROOK app, which allows you to set up temporary or, if you prefer, permanent access for friends and family.
With an average battery life of 2 years, this security device is resistant to water thanks to its IP65 weatherproof rating.
8. Schlage BE375 CAM 619 Touch Camelot Deadbolt
Schlage Deadbolt is one of the largest manufacturers of home security and electronic locks in the world. They also offer a wide range of products for consumers and businesses, including deadbolts, door locks, garage door openers, and more.
Schlage offers a wide range of options for consumers who want to install a new lock on their home, business, or car. For consumers, Schlage offers a variety of choices for installing an electronic keyless entry system.
In addition, Schlage offers a variety of options for business owners who want to install a new lock on their business. Schlage’s BE375 CAM 619 Touch Camelot Deadbolt, Electronic Keyless Entry Lock offers a high level of security for both consumers and businesses who want to install a deadbolt in their home or business.
9. Prime-Line Products 5130 Storm Door Lock (Best Budget Storm Door Electronic Lock)
Prime-Line Products 5130 Smart locks for screen doors are the perfect option for your security needs.
The lock features a Diecast handle, stamped steel mortise case, and solid brass double-keyed 5-pin tumbler cylinder lock. Screen door locks are perfect for any home or business with a security concern.
Prime-Line Products 5130 Smart locks for screen doors are made in the USA and are designed to fit any door thickness of 1 Inch. To 1-1/2 Inch.
10. IULOCK Code Door Lock
IULOCK Code Door Lock for screen doors is a great solution for your entry door and office. It is durable and has a waterproof design that can be installed on any entrance door. It has a long battery life with 50 codes, is easy to use, and install for front doors or garages.
Smart lock for screen door works great in any weather and features an auto-lock behind you for peace of mind during your time away. Password disguise, silent mode, etc., depending on your needs, you can also customize your code to protect your privacy.
What are the pros and cons of storm doors?
Screen Doors: Benefits and Cost
It’s natural for homeowners to want to keep their homes secure. They might even feel that their home is more secure with a smart lock than an ordinary lock. However, it’s important to consider the costs of buying and maintaining a smart lock versus the cost of just leaving a locked screen door open. To help make the decision easier, here are some benefits and costs that come with getting a new makeover on your screen door to install a smart lock.
Benefits and Costs
Storm door deadbolt Lock is great, but they aren’t without their flaws. In the process of securing your home, you can’t neglect the cost that comes with it. Smart locks have become popular because they make a lot of sense for homeowners. They are easy to install and use. They help keep your family safe from potential intruders by providing access control to only those who need it.
You might also think about how much you want to spend on smart locks for screen doors versus how much it would cost to leave your screen door open all the time. If you decide a smart lock is worth the investment, be sure to consider the benefits and costs involved before buying one.
The benefit of a Smart Lock
One of the benefits of an inside storm door deadbolt is that it can be controlled with your phone. With these smart locks, it’s easy to let people into your home or send a notification to them if you’re not there. The ability to allow access or block out people benefits of owning one of these smart locks.
Cost of Screen Door
First, you have to think about the cost of a smart lock. One of the most popular brands in smart locks is August. They offer many models that range from $49-$179, but they all have a one-time purchase fee. However, after that initial purchase fee, you don’t need to make another investment in your lock for years and years.
Another benefit of the price is that these locks are easy for anyone to install themselves. You don’t need any professional help or tools to install it; just a screwdriver and some time will do!
The final benefit is that you can rest assured knowing that your privacy is well protected with this brand of lock. This ensures that no one can enter your home without your permission while you’re away.
Now you can use smart locks for screen doors to make your screen door easier to use. Smart locks are easy to install and cost-effective, and they even come in a variety of styles and colors that will match your home’s décor.
Disclaimer: This article may be affiliate links, which means I shall receive a commission if you purchase through the links, but there is no extra cost to you
1. What is the difference between a screen door and a storm door?
A screen door has a mesh that keeps insects out, but a storm door has glass.
2. What are the pros and cons of screen doors and storm doors?
The pros and cons of screen doors and storm doors are that they can be very heavy, especially if you have a big screen door. They can also get damaged easily.
3. What’s the best screen and storm doors Smart Lock?
There are a lot of smart locks for screen and storm doors. The best smart lock is the Schlage Connect. It is the most reliable and easiest to use.
4. What should I know about Schlage Connect?
The Schlage Connect is a smart lock for screen and storm doors. It is wireless, so you don’t need to worry about cables. You can also control the lock from your phone.
5. What is Schlage Connect’s price range?
The Schlage Connect is available in a wide price range. It is the most expensive smart lock, but it is also the most secure.
6. What is Schlage Connect’s warranty?
The Schlage Connect has a lifetime warranty.
7. What are some other screen and storm doors smart locks?
There are many smart locks for screen and storm doors. Here are some of the best: – Schlage Connect – Kwikset – Schlage Sense – ADT
- Ultraloq U-Bolt Pro Smart Lock Review|Top Rating Lock
- Ultraloq U-Bolt Smart Lock Review
- WYZE Lock WiFi And Bluetooth Enabled Smart Door Lock
- Amazon Basics Traditional Electronic Keypad Deadbolt
- Kwikset 660 Single Cylinder Deadbolt